A partnership between Peace Corps and Rotary International is established in May 2014 and expanded in May 2015!
Our mission is to bring Rotary International and the United States Peace Corps closer together to help Rotarians, currently serving Peace Corps Volunteers and returned Volunteers meet and carry out Peace Corps’ Three Goals and Rotary’s Future Vision for humanitarian service. It is our hope that the formal agreement between Rotary International and the Peace Corps will serve as a model for additional agreements between Rotary International and international volunteer service agencies of other countries that have humanitarian service goals similar to those of the Peace Corps and Rotary.
To that end, we have established a group called Partnering for Peace, which works to demonstrate the benefits of this formal alliance between Rotary International and Peace Corps by showing what can be done just at the District level.The group facilitates professional connections between Rotarians and members of the Peace Corps community through ongoing networking, technical support and fellowship. It seeks to implement this mission through a variety of efforts:
- An action program within the District which identifies the International projects of the various Rotary Clubs in this District.
- Identification of Peace Corps volunteers within the Countries where the Rotary projects are being conducted.
- Identification of Rotary Clubs in the countries where the Peace Corps operates.
- Connecting the in-country Rotary Club, the in-District Rotary Club and the in-country Peace Corps Volunteer.
- Identifying returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) who served in the county where the District or a Club is conducting a project, and connecting the RPCVs with the local Rotary Club to give the club benefit of the RPCVs’ experience and potentially have the RPCV help the local club.
- Participating in networking activities with out-bound PCVs, RPCVs, and their families in order to explain what Rotary can do for them in terms of serving mutual humanitarian goals.
- Achieving a formal agreement between the US Peace Corps and Rotary International, and eventually between international volunteer service agencies of other countries. This is a long term goal which seeks an ongoing interaction between Rotary and Peace Corps, and such other organizations.
For more information about this partnership, please visit the partneringforpeace.org website or contact us (select Information).